Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Back to barcelona



I could not leave Spain without one last trip to Barcelona and of course to see Jim and Emilio. This time I brought my friend Ann with me and got there early Friday morning. That Friday Ann and I toured Las Ramblas, saw everything Gaudi including the Sagrada Familia and Parque Guell. It was so relaxing and finally good weather. This semester was weird weather for Spain and it was finally a little bit warmer. Just strolling the streets was great. I noticed a lot more tourists this time in late April more than I did when I was there in February. When we came home from a great night, Jim and Emilio made a great dinner for us. We tried to keep the conversation in Spanish the best we could. After dinner and a great deal of wine we were ready for sleep because it was off to the Picasso museum Saturday morning.
That morning we went to the picasso museum while Jim wrote and Emilio had work. Ann and I loved the musuem because the building was beautiful and it had so many of his personal works. My favorite was his whole interpretation on "Las Meninas" the famous painting by Velazquez. It took us a good part of the morning. After touring, Ann and I went with Jim and Emilio back to Sitges. It got a little bit colder out by this time of the weekend but it was no big deal. That night Jim and Emilio encouraged us to see the night life. It was fun and not too late of a night on Spain's terms. We only came home around 4 am! That morning it rained so no beach for us. Instead we had the best catalan meal with Jim and Emilio for Siesta. They made us hand rolled pasta that was filled with meat and also calsotts. Calsotts are sweet onions that are seasonal. We dip them in a type of salsa that was awesome. I definatley did not go hungry this weekend. Sitges was beautiful and I honestly can't wait to return to Espana just to go to Barcelona again. What a perfect last hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment